Posted on March 23, 2017
Summer is right around the corner. In an effort to get fine by summertime, I thought I would share my top 5 favorite fruits which I will be eating more of to tone my body. I plan on eating these raw or throwing them in my smoothies. Below I also provides some of the benefits of eating them:
Not sure if its because I am an island girl but mangoes are so sweet, juicy, and yummy. I can not get enough of these.
- Mangoes alkalize the body by reducing acidity.
- They are high in Vitamin C which increases the bodies ability to absorb iron.
- They strengthen the immune system and increase eye health.
These are healthy fats which I could eat every single day in my guacamole, in my smoothies, on my salad, or on any savory dish.
- For those who eventually want to get pregnant avocados nourish a women’s womb and encourages a healthy fetus since its high folate content aids in cell growth and tissue development.
- Avocados are great for protecting your skin and keeping it looking radiant.
- They have higher potassium levels than bananas, which helps lower blood pressure.
- This fruit has whitening agents which naturally help whiten teeth.
- Strawberries are high in antioxidants which help prevent cancer.
- They are also high in Vitamin C.
Blueberries and dark berries
You know what they say “the darker the berry the sweeter the juice.” I love all berries from blueberries to acai berries.
- Blueberries are good for brain function and helps to sharpen memory.
- All berries are high in antioxidants.
- Berries also boost immunity (especially elderberries) and eye health.
So cliché but an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apples are the perfect snack in between meals.
- Chewing on apples also help naturally whiten teeth
- Apples also have antioxidants which help prevent cancer
- Apples are also great for heart health
Fruits and vegetables have tons of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and yes even protein so everyone should focus on incorporating more of them in their diet.
What are your favorite fruits? Comment below and please don’t forget to subscribe.
Peace and love,