Posted on April 10, 2018
My Biggest Pet Peeves
Today’s post is more about getting to know me. I have many different pet peeves. Some maybe shocking. However, everyone has pet peeves. So I thought it would be fun to share my top 10. Here they are:
1) Germs– I don’t do germs. I am such a germaphobe. People coughing around me not covering their mouths, people who wash their hands with water or don’t wash them at all after using the restroom all get a side eye from me. Trust me I am watching you and I will never eat anything you offer me that has touched your hands lol.
2) Messy Places – Now don’t get me wrong, everyone has their days, including me but don’t keep inviting people into your space if its messy. Get a handle on your mess first then invite people over. Going into a messy place, my mind automatically thinks wow this is a breeding ground for germs. Now I am not talking about a small mess like a collection of things here a collection of things there. But a 4th or more collection of items and stuff everywhere is definitely not cool in my book. Plus how can you function in so much disorder?
3) Using My Stuff – Unless I offer it to you, please do not help yourself to my stuff. Especially if I don’t know you like that. That includes pens, my computer, food etc. If I know you I am more inclined to letting you use my items because I probably know your cleanliness level. But if I don’t know you like that, believe that I do have hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes on deck to wipe it down once the item is returned. Sorry, not sorry. I gotta protect myself from germs especially in the work place, that’s how you catch other people’s colds.
4) Not Putting Stuff Back– When you don’t put something back how you found it, it really irritates me especially if it belongs to me. If my door was closed when you walked in, please close it behind you. If you borrowed my lotion and the top was twisted on, please return it the same way. I thought these things were commons sense but you would be surprised because it is not to many people.
5) Repeating My Self– If you tell me I have your full attention don’t ask me to repeat my story because you were doing something on your phone not paying attention to what I was saying. If I repeat myself twice in the same conversation or if every time I see you, I have to say the same thing. It means you were not listening or you do not listen. Don’t be surprised if I act a little funny, around you in the future. I am not trying to be mean, it literally gets on my nerves so I try to be nice about it but it may come off a different way. I am working on my patience lol.
6) Rude People – If someone says hi to you it costs you nothing to say hi back. If someone opens the door for you say thank you. It’s simple have some manners or at least act like you do.
7) Not Keeping Your Word – To me this is a form of lying and I am not a fan of liars. I always try to keep my word. If I say I am going to do something, I do it. If I say I will be there, you can bank on me being there. So naturally I expect it in return. For example, if you tell me we are going to brunch this Sunday don’t tell me we aren’t going at the last minute or don’t make me hound you to try to find out if we actually are going or not. I don’t do it to you so don’t do it to me. There is nothing worst then making plans with someone and they avoid you when they change their mind about doing something you agreed on yet they expect you to be there for them when they make the plans.
8) Cigarette Smokers – Cigarette smoke stinks period. If you want to give yourself cancer, that is your choice, but don’t smoke around others, we don’t want to share cancer with you from secondhand smoke. Keep that stinky mess to yourself. Also, the stench that lingers when a person returns from smoking makes my stomach turn.
9) Interrupting My Nap Time – When someone calls me right as I am about to take a nap or in the middle of a nap. It’s just bad timing lol, and I know you are probably thinking why not turn off your phone, well… I use the alarm on my phone to wake up from my nap. To be fair this is kinda unavoidable because I take naps at different times and not every single day.
10) Saying Never Mind – When someone starts to tell me something then they say never mind. Like, you really should have played it off in your mind before even opening your mouth. Now you teased me and the curious person in me wants to know more , so naturally, I will ask to know more.
What are some of your biggest pet peeves? Feel free to comment below.
Remember you only have one life so live it be-U-tifully by being you to the fullest.
Peace & Love,